Saturday, May 31, 2014

Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

"I heard that" the Lord said. My wife and I were have an intense discussion. Some would call it an argument but I would rather say an intense discussion. I can't really remember what it was about. My wife had said something to me and I quietly did not respond. I did however answer her in my thoughts harshly. That's when the Lord said "I heard that". I immediately repented and said "I'm sorry Lord". Thoughts that are not spoken die unborn and it is very important not to speak hurtful or bitter words. This day however, God showed me that controlling my tongue wasn't enough. He wants the meditations of my heart to be pleasing to him as well. How many times do you control your tongue but let your mind run wild with angry or bitter words. God hears our thoughts and sees our hearts. Did you have any thoughts today that would prompt you to say "I'm sorry Lord". Let us as believers in Jesus Christ pray what David prayed. "Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be acceptabe in the Sight ,O lord, my strength and my redeemer".

No comments:

Post a Comment