Thursday, May 22, 2014

Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

"I thought you said you love everybody" the Lord said to me as our church baseball team held hands in a circle to pray at the beginning of a game. I had recently told the Lord "I have your love in my heart Lord for everyone." When I had looked to my left at the person holding my hand to pray I was shocked to see it was someone who I had a grudge against before my born again experience. My first thought was "Oh no I can't stand this guy." That's when the Lord spoke to me. I quickly bowed my head as the person leading the group began to pray. I however began to pray silently to the Lord about my unforgiveness and the grudge I had held for years. I said "Lord please forgive me for holding on to this grudge against this brother. I thought I had forgiven all but today you showed me I had not forgiven all." I said" Lord I forgive this brother lay no sin to his charge. I ask you to bless him in every way in Jesus name." After I had prayed I didn't feel much different but I had forgiven him as an act of faith. I began talking to him and we became friends. In the months to come we became best of friends. Love and forgiveness go hand in Hand. When we Love much we will forgive much and doors of God's mercy and goodness will open up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment