Wednesday, May 21, 2014

1Co 13:7 (AMP) Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. 1Co 13:8 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].

"God can't hug me" exclaimed one woman who was attending a local Bible study. A week later this woman visited our church. After the message we had an altar call for prayer. This lady was one of the people who came forward in response to the call for prayer. When I walked up to her I felt the Lord's heart for her. I then asked another lady who was standing by if she would hug this lady. Then I said by the Holy Spirit, "God says I am Hugging you." The woman burst out in tears and I moved on to pray for another person. It was later that day before I had found out this lady had said "God can't hug me." Sometimes we feel unloved and unlovable. The Love of God is not conditioned on our performance. God's love will embrace the very worst in us. His love transcends our preconceived ideas of his love that are based more on our experiences that his word. His love (agape) is not blind it sees and still Loves. God's Love embraces us in all of our faults and shortcomings. He loves us so much he won't leave us in our faults and shortcomings. His love will compel us, strengthen us, support us and works in us to change us and transform us into his image by his word and by his spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment