Friday, May 30, 2014

Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

"You Jerk" my youngest son blurted out loudly in the restaurant. We had just finished praying the blessing over our food when our youngest son who was five at the time made known his dislike for his brother who was seven. We were very embarrassed to say the least. As believers in Jesus Christ we always try to be a good example to others as a witness of Gods goodness. My youngest son shouting "You Jerk" on the heels of a family prayer is not the example any Godly family would want to project. He shouted so loudly many other families looked over at us. Some just smiled and some just sneered. I promptly corrected my youngest son. I told him "Son, the Bible says to love your brother and that's not love. Now, tell your brother your sorry." He looked over at him and screamed very loudly again "I'm sorry you jerk". At this point I tried to cover my laughter with my hand so I could correct him. During all this comical malaise I realized how many times mature believers do the same thing. We say "I'm sorry with our mouths but in our hearts were saying "You Jerk". He just verbalized what many of us do mentally. So, I used this occasion to forgive all the "Jerks" in my life that may have still been hanging around in my heart. The Bible says to forgive from the heart. So today take a moment and do some spiritual inventory. There may be some "Jerks" you need to forgive from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment