Saturday, May 24, 2014

Rom 6:23 For the wages which sin pays is death, but the [bountiful] free gift of God is eternal life through (in union with) Jesus Christ our Lord.

"Thou shalt not steal" I yelled at our Christian baseball game as the runner took off from first base to steal second base. As soon as I said those words I heard the Holy Spirit say "yea and thou shalt not also commit adultery". I was stunned as I realized the Holy Spirit was showing me this brother was committing the sin of adultery. At the time, I was a new believer and wasn't too sure if I was to confront him. So I began to pray for him. It wasn't long after this game that this brothers sin was exposed. He soon began to live a flagrantly sinful lifestyle. He left his wife and began living with another woman. I would see him from time to time and would try to minister to him. He would joke or laugh ,but repentance wasn't on his heart or mind. He seemed not to care about eternity and was living as if he would never die. The day came when in a drunken stupor he wrecked his car and was killed. He died as a young man cut off in the prime of life. Sin has an end "death". John 10:10 says "The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)". He forsook God, his family and eternal life for a moment of sinful pleasure on the scales of eternity. Sin is a hard taskmaster it will keep you longer that you want to stay. Sin will make you pay more than you ever thought you would pay. Sin will come to collect its wages on an unexpected day!

No comments:

Post a Comment