Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

"I am the way" The Lord responded to my question about my girlfriend. I was working for a computer company and had just stepped onto an elevator. I had just asked the Lord in a silent prayer if my girlfriend was the one I should marry. He then responded in a still small voice and he said "I am the way." I responded to the Lord's answer "Lord I know you're the way but that's not telling me anything". He said "seek me first and my kingdom whatever is of me will be added to you whatever is not of me will fall away." So that's what I did and we have been married for over 26 years now. Many people often ask me now that I'm a Pastor if the one their dating is the one God has for them. I often tell them what the Lord told me. It's very easy to determine if any relationship is of God or not. The question you have to ask yourself is simple. Does this relationship lead me closer to Christ or further away? God will never send you anything or anyone that will lead you away from him. Many have foolishly thought that Marriage is a magic wand to transform their donkey into a thoroughbred. You know he or she smokes, drinks, gambles, curses like a sailor and is always trying to get you to have premarital sex and yet many are still asking God if they should marry this person. The best you're going to get is when your dating if they're not in Christ. As a Believer in Jesus Christ, if the person you're interested in marrying is behaving like a "spiritual donkey" instead of a "spiritual thoroughbred" forget it. If God's love doesn't have them neither do you. "But Pastor Joe he's so cute"! I have been told. Cuteness fades, bellies grow, hair falls out and sometimes teeth. Put God's kingdom and his way of doing and being right first and whatever is of God will be added to you and you will be very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment