Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

"Father God can you make me Laugh again" I prayed. I had been a Christian for a few years and was going through a really rough season in my life. I was wondering if I was going to ever laugh again. I had made plans to attend our church's men's retreat and was hoping God would touch my life. During the retreat I listened intently to the ministers and took many notes. The teachings were very Good and I was thankful for them ,but I so desperately needed God' manifest presence in my life. After all the speakers were finished on the second night the retreat was for all practical purposes over. The leaders were asked to pray for a brother who was sitting on a bench outside by a camp fire. So with the leaders and others standing there we all pointed our hands toward this brother or touched the nearest person as a point of contact when the ministers prayed. The minister began to pray and as he did I whispered a prayer "God give me all the overflow" and all of a sudden the power of God came upon me. I immediately fell out on the Ground laughing in the Joy of the Lord. His presence seemed to bubble up within me like a river of pure Holy Ghost Joy. God was definitely causing me to laugh as I never thought was possible. Others at the retreat came over by me and were wondering what could possibly be so funny. Whoever came over by me started laughing to and fell out. Somewhere in the midst of his wonderful presence and Joy I was healed, delivered and set free. If your experiencing a rough patch in life be encouraged because God knows how to make you laugh again!

No comments:

Post a Comment