Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

"Father God you're so rich just drop me a golden curb" was my prayer. I was a new Christian and been tithing for about a year. God had been blessing me tremendously but at this particular time I was in a dilemma. I had to pay my car insurance which was one hundred and sixty dollars and all I had left was my tithe which was also one hundred and sixty dollars. This was definitely a test of my faith. The Bible tells us that the tithe belongs to God and I surely wasn't going to take what belongs to God. The Bible also says that God will open to us the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing to the tither. I remembered I had read in the book of revelation that the streets in heaven are made of Gold. So, I asked God to drop me a curb in child like faith and immediately went to the bank to have a money order made for one hundred and sixty dollars for my tithe. I began praising God in faith for meeting my financial needs. The next day my job required me to go to the downtown area of the City of New Orleans. After parking my car, I began to walk to the place of business where I was going to work. As I was walking, I looked down and saw a fifty dollar bill folded over. I reached down to pick it up and flipped over the bill to see another fifty dollar bill. I flipped over that fifty dollar bill and to my amazement I saw another one hundred dollar bill. I had found two hundred dollars lying there on the street. I looked up and the street before me was empty. I looked back and the street behind me was also empty. I put the money in my pocket and walked into a nearby retailer. I asked very loudly if anyone had lost any money. A number of customers turned around and sort of looked at me with blank faces. I turned around and walked back out of the retail store. I remembered my prayer of the day before and I said "God you just dropped me a curb thank you!". I was now able to pay my car insurance. Our God is the El-Shaddai not the El-Cheapo! I went on to pay my car insurance and I paid my tithe of twenty dollars on the two hundred I had found. This left me with twenty dollars which was just enough money to go to eat at the fast food burger place where my future wife was working. God met my needs in a way that I had not anticipated. All I did was believe his word and acted in faith. Are you facing a financial dilemma like I was? Put your faith in God and trust his word and ask for your curb!

No comments:

Post a Comment