Thursday, June 5, 2014

Psa 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

"Snake" the voice said. This wasn't the voice of God I know his voice. It was the voice of an angel warning me. I was walking to my above ground pool in my yard to check the ph in the water when I heard the warning. I immediately looked around on the ground and I didn't see a snake. So, I proceeded to the pool to get the sample of the water. After I obtained the water sample, I turned around to head back to the house. I noticed out of the corner of my eye a large black snake coiled up by the gutter down spout next to my air conditioning condenser. It's head was under the condenser and I was later to find out it was laying eggs. I grabbed a shovel and snuck up to the snake and struck it very quickly. Now, I have to be honest, I'm not like the wilderness guys who say "Oh look at this snake he's a beauty." I don't like snakes! Indiana Jones and I have something in common. Well back to the story. The snake was about six feet long and the shovel caught him right in the middle. His head was whipping around as he was trying to escape and attack. I realized I needed another shovel to control this snake but I couldn't let Go. So I called my wife over to hold the handle. She started screaming "Oh my God!" "Oh my God" AHHHHHHHH I can't do this!" I tried to comfort her but said the wrong thing "Don't be afraid God warned me of this poisonous snake." She started screaming again "Oh my God" AHHHHHHH and after much encouragement from me she did grab that handle. She kept the pressure on that snake and did not let him get away. I was very proud of her because she was like a brave wilderness woman. I retrieved another shovel and killed the snake. I was so thankful that the angel of the Lord warned me about this snake and was praising God for his protection. Remember Child of God that the Lord has his angels watching over you keeping you from harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment