Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mat 5:23 Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, Mat 5:24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.

"Quit praying" the Lord Said. I said "Quit praying!" I thought that was a strange thing for God to say to me. He said "Go pay your bill at the Christian bookstore and then come and pray." Earlier that week I had stopped by a local Christian bookstore and purchased some books. I used a check that I had in my wallet and neglected to tell my wife of my purchase. It just so happened that our account was low on funds when I wrote the check and the check bounced before my wife was able to make a deposit. When the Lord said this to me I was at church for morning prayer. I had stopped to pray before I was to begin my work day. I literally had just started praying when the Lord spoke to me. So, I picked up my Bible and headed out to make the drive to the Christian Bookstore to make things right. When I arrived at the bookstore I approached the counter to explain what had happened. I had enough cash on me to pay what was owed and clear my debt. I had such a peace in my spirit that I was being obedient to the Lord and honoring his word by making this right. The lady behind the counter said to me "You would be surprised to know how many Christians bounce checks and never come in to make things right". I was shocked when she said this to me. We talked for only a minute more as I had to get to work. So, again I apologized for the oversight on my part and thanked her for understanding. When I left the store I got to thinking about what she said. I wondered how many Christians are not receiving any answers to prayer because of something that they have done and not made right yet. Do you have something you have to make right? Go make it right and start receiving answers to your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment