Monday, May 9, 2016

2Ti 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. 2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

"Awe man the battery's dead" was the first thing I said when I tried to start my new bright yellow Camaro convertible. I usually only drive it on weekends. I realized that the battery was dead from lack of use. The alternators job is to recharge the battery when the engine starts, but if I don't use the car it can't charge the battery. So I went to the local auto parts store and bought a trickle charger to re-charge the battery. In the process of doing this God spoke to my heart about our spiritual battery. As believers in Jesus Christ we must continue to use the gifts of God that he has given us and stay connected to our heavenly power source. If we do this, we can stay charged with the power of God in our lives. There is an old saying that goes like this "Use it or lose it." Now God does not take back the gifts he has given us when he gives them for the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. However, those gifts can be like my dead battery if we do now use them. Sometimes a battery is not totally dead it just needs a "Jump" from another vehicle. Calling a friend or prayer partner and asking for prayer can be just the spark you need to get moving again in the will of God. As in the case of my battery it was totally dead and needed a "trickle charge" overnight to be renewed. If this is the situation you are in you can be recharged by daily praying in the Holy Spirit, studying your bible, attending church regularly, fellow-shipping with other believers, mediating on God's word, sharing our faith with others, and daily worship. The Bible says in Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little. That sounds like a spiritual "trickle charge" to me! As we daily practice these disciplines of our faith we will charge up and stay charged with the power of God so that we might finish our course with joy and victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment