Thursday, June 19, 2014

Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? Act 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

"Were gonna get you Joey" the possessed man cried out! We had been praying with a couple who had been having demonic manifestations in their home. After many sessions of prayer it was revealed to us that the man we were praying with had ten demons. During one of these prayer sessions the demons screamed out threatening me. The threat was meant to incite fear and anxiety in me. That's what the devils words do if you receive or believe them. Being on fire for God and very zealous for the Lord the threat had the opposite effect on me. I got so excited and shouted to the others praying "did you hear that? The others in the room attentively looked at me. I said "Jesus I know, Paul I know and Brother Joey I Know." I then continued commanding the demons to release the man in the name of Jesus. After this experience I got to thinking about what had happened. The demons know if you are for real in the realm of the spirit. How is your reputation in hell today? Is the devil on nerve pills because you woke up this morning? Is he on edge because you walked into the room? The seven sons of Sceva had a rude awaking to their spiritual condition when they tried to deal with a demonic spirit. I want to encourage you today to get on fire for God and as I found out you will be known in the realm of the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment